A short message to my readers:

Welcome to my blog! As you will soon discover, this is a personal blog, mostly about my life, where I've been, and where I'm going. Many of my readers may well be people who have known me for a long time, and at some points during this journey, certain facts or events may make those people feel uncomfortable. I do apologize for any of these instances in advance, and I humbly ask all of my readers to be kind and censor themselves.

In short, any rude, angry, or "disappointed" comments are discouraged.

Keep in mind that this is an artistic process, and with that in mind, constructive criticism of the work itself is encouraged.

Happy reading!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Room III

(You are at part III of a series.)


Other items of interest in my room are: the decrepit shoe rack hanging from the back of my door that houses at most only one shoe from half the pairs that I own. I also have taken in the poor orphaned recliner that has essentially been in every house my (local) family owns. I finally took it in and used it to store Toby, my huge Valentine’s bear, and more of my assortment of stuffed animals. Finally, my secret stash of art supplies is hidden under my bed. At least 20 re-purposed canvases that I have collected, a huge portfolio, a drawing board, numerous sketchbooks, and some finished pieces that don’t deserve the light of day, but probably don’t deserve to be thrown out either.

My room is far from my sanctuary. It is cold and far away from civilization. In fact, it is the exact opposite of me. I am warm and have a need to be close to people, and my room accomplishes neither of these goals. My sister, on the other hand, has a room right at the front of the house, down the hall from my parents. It has 2 walls of windows and is always warm and bright. Sometimes I wonder why I decided to take the back room instead of kicking my little sister out or just sharing the room for a few more years. Looking back I remember wanting a place of my own, even if that place was dark and cold and lonely. I guess we all make sacrifices for things we want so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment